There is only one single way. Go into yourself. Search for the reason that bids you write; find out whether it is spreading out its roots in the deepest places of your heart, acknowledge to yourself whether you would have to die if it were denied you to write. This above all - ask yourself in the stillest hour of your nights - must I write?
Rainer Maria Rilke

Friday, April 23, 2010

I have it under control

I have it under control

I have it under control
Promise I do
Don’t cut me, delete me, erase me, revise me
I know what I’m doing – it’s part of the plan, see
I’m committed to
This new me; I’m on a roll

I live by the calendar
The tick of the clock
The minutes, the hours, the months pass
Till time itself shatters – like glass
Next you’ll remark
You didn’t think I’d last; it’s been a whole year

There was a long list
I was to attempt
To remodel, improve, revamp and re-do
I’ve kept my part – now it’s about you
Don’t think you’re exempt
Expectations are so few; I insist.

No comments:

Post a Comment